Monday, January 01, 2007

Another year, another anniversary

Happy New Year! Wow. 2007 already. Last night, our friends were commenting on how quickly time has passed since Y2K. I guess we're all getting a little older, a little wiser, and heading deeper into the 21st century. It's a great time to be alive, if I do say so myself.

Scott and I celebrated our second wedding anniversary today. It was a great day! The best part for me was walking around Grand and Summit Avenues in St. Paul. We reminisced about our wedding reception at the St. Paul College Club as yesterday's snow and ice crunched under our feet. We had coffee and a great conversation, and we ate dinner at The Lexington, the restaurant where we had our rehearsal dinner. If I liked the Lex before, I have decided that I LOVE this restaurant now. It is quaint and historic, and eating there makes me proud to be a St. Paul girl. The service was terrific and the food (you MUST get the walleye if you ever eat there) was superb. When we came home, we opened a delicious bottle of red wine that was given to us as a wedding gift. (We were given a bottle to enjoy on our 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th anniversaries. I have to say that we look forward to this gift every year. Such a thoughtful idea!) It was truly an anniversary to remember.

I am thankful for my wonderful husband, Scott. Everyday I wake up thrilled to be his wife. It is such an honor and joy to walk through life with him because he inspires me to live my life to the fullest. He is the love of my life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home