Sunday, September 13, 2009

September Weekend

What a beautiful weekend in Minnesota... I have marveled in the delicious offerings of the harvest -- juicy raspberries, oversized bell peppers and onions, apples, squash, corn... I am really excited about all of this fresh fruit. It is going to be difficult making it through the winter until this time comes around again. This summer we made more trips to the Farmers' Market and we experimented more with gardening. Though our garden was not very fruitful, we learned some good lessons and could definitely see the potential.

The other great thing about today is the kickoff to Vikings football! I love that football happens once a week (so you look forward to the games) and that watching the games turn into social events with friends (fun and relaxing). Curious that I've never been much of a tail-gater... Today Dave and Jessie are coming over with their dog, Laker. Every year we get together with Scott's high school friends, their wives, and children to watch the Vikings/Lions game. And we usually attend a Super Bowl party as well. I will admit that I have been trying to follow college football more closely, though I have found this to be more difficult. Someday I hope to see the gorgeous new Gopher football stadium. For now I will be content with the Vikings and our star QB!

1 Comments:

At 1:35 PM , Blogger sskaare said...

Hi, Kate!
I like the football season, too. Tho I must admit I don't sit down to actually watch the games all that often. Sylvia is playing in the h.s. pep band now!! So we went to see her do that for the first time last Friday. It was so fun to see her with a marching snare drum strapped to her. I was more interested in the band, cheerleaders, pom squad, and what EPHS spirit wear I needed than the actual game. ha! Fun to keep up with you this blog! I am so happy Life Is Good for you, Kate! Take Care! ~Sharon

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home