Friday, August 14, 2009

Two tourist spots along the way

Hi again, it's good to be internet-connected again after some days. We are still doing very well. I have a lot of journaling to catch up on, and I'd also love to get some photos posted, but today I will just write a little about two interesting places we saw on our way from Chennai to Nagercoil.

The first is St. Thomas Mount, which is the place where St. Thomas ("Doubting Thomas") was martyred. He was reportedly killed while praying, and he is buried in Vatican City. At this site, there is a small chapel with a relic (small piece of his bone), as well as some other statues and monuments. As it is on a mount, you have a nice view of the city of Chennai.

The other spot is Kanyakumari, which is the very tippy tip of India -- the spot at which the Arabian Sea (west), Bay of Bengal (east), and Indian Ocean (south) meet. We got there just at dusk, so we didn't have a great opportunity to see the coast, but I stepped into the three seas nonetheless.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home