Mother Earth
I am thankful for this beautiful planet that we call home. We had such a beautiful weekend, and I spent quite a bit of time on our deck, basking in the sunshine and admiring the trees. Praise God for the sun! I have really enjoyed the whole green movement, in particular all of the fun and easy ideas to help preserve the Earth. Once you start with one habit, you realize how reasonable that is and you get another idea... and another... and so forth. For example, Scott and I stopped taking grocery bags and started bringing our own reusable bags about two years ago. That was really terrific because we felt less guilty about the empty bags floating around our apartment. Then I realized that we could cut out paper towels and napkins to a large extent because we have reusable sponges and cloth napkins, which happen to be really cute, casual, and colorful. Then I invested in two SnackTaxis, which are reusable sandwich bags, for the lunches that I pack everyday. They are super fun. My coworkers have definitely taken notice and asked me where they could get their own! My next ideas are to start a compost bin and hang clotheslines in the backyard. I could keep going... The point is that this is contagious! It's so satisfying knowing there are cheap and easy ways to be less of a strain on the environment. So what are you doing? :)

1 Comments:
Buying Oberweis milk in glass jugs at Super Target. We return the jugs and get back our deposits- which we put towards more milk in jugs. I love having one less plastic jug in the recycling bin. Plus, we compost. And threw an Eco-friendly b-day party and gave away reusable sandwich wraps that I made for the kids.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home