Hope
I have to confess that these days, it is difficult to come up with something to be thankful for. Unfortunately, lately I feel as though I am just barely hanging onto my hectic schedule. Everything is just whizzing by. It's too much. A friend of mine once joked, "Grad school eats your soul!" and I thought he was overexaggerating. But I understand now. It is just constant pressure to learn, apply, succeed! Previous semesters have been, you know, busy, but nothing SO overwhelming that I didn't feel I couldn't keep my life together. This spring has probably been my most difficult so far. (And I probably said the same thing last semester, and will probably say it again next fall.) Last week I had a few days that didn't go so well, and it was easy to get upset at myself -- which is, of course, useless when you need to stay focused on the next assignment.
In the midst of all of this, however, is hope. There is an end in sight. May 8 will be the end of my semester, and then I can give myself a mental vacation. Better yet, one year from now, I'll be graduating, and oh, what a glorious day that will be!!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home