Rochester
Yesterday I had the opportunity to participate in "Care Fest," a day of service to the city of Rochester. It was an awesome display of the power of joining together and giving back to this community that I have come to really love. I spent the day cleaning lockers and scraping gum off the underbellies of desks. You can read more about Care Fest at www.rochestercarefest.org. I hope to make this an annual event for our family.
Things about Rochester that I am thankful for:
- Friendly neighbors
- Rochester City Lines Bus #8 -- gets me to work everyday, eliminating the stress of parking, traffic, and worrying if I'll be on time
- Awesome public resources including the public library, Farmers' Market, and dog park
- A general community spirit of health, wellness, and activity
- Quality healthcare (truly a gift)
- Fun restaurants including Newt's, Chester's, and the Redwood Room
- Its proximity to our friends and family in the Twin Cities -- although I wish it were just a little closer!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home