Back in action
Aha! This blog is still alive, after two years of inactivity. Well guess what -- I'm back!! :) I have been inspired by four teenage guys who are blogging as they travel around India. In August I too will be taking a trip to India, and I am thinking that this might be a nice way to give updates in my journey. There will be many more details to come. My dad and I are planning to visit our Bethania ministries, which are mostly located in the South India state of Tamil Nadu. I'm very excited and a little nervous too.
Wow, a lot has changed since 2007. Scott and I now live in Rochester, MN. He continues to work as an account manager for Edina Realty Insurance. I am now an audiologist at the Mayo Clinic. I love my husband for being willing to move down here for this opportunity because I absolutely love my career. So those two things would be my #1 and #2 things to be thankful for.
We also have a new puppy! She is a Miniature Schnauzer named Decibelle. And she's one terrific dog. As my first real pet ever, I don't think I could have asked for a better buddy. She has added a ton of joy in our lives, so that makes her thankfulness item #3.
I'm also thankful to the Dan Abraham Healthy Living Center, and all of the wonderful staff members in particular (#4). Over the past five months, I have been back on the wellness bandwagon, and I have successfully lost 23 pounds! This has led to much more confidence, happiness, energy, and peace in my life. I pray and pray that I will not regain the weight now that I've lost it. Hopefully these lifestyle changes will stick.
Finally, I will give thanks to Christ Community Church (#5) for being our new church home. It was very sad for us to leave our previous church, Five Oaks, but thankfully we found CCC soon after moving here and it has been a smooth transition. We have been in a great small group with five other couples in our "lifestage," i.e., young marrieds without children. We love Pastor Paul and the worship. What joy there is in community!
Stay tuned for India updates!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home